Wednesday, June 10, 2009
a very expensive piece of paper.
I got my diploma in the mail today. I could care less. There, I said it. I felt nothing when I read it. No sense of accomplishment or pride. No happiness. I thought maybe I'd feel differently once I saw it. But no, unfortunately. It just brings back disappointment and bitterness and feelings of failure. And the nagging feeling that I'm just wasting years of my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You should care. It is something that not alot of people these days can afford or have the fortitude to achieve. You should ALWAYS be proud of what you have accomplished. There are those who WISH they could go to college, let alone have the OPPORTUNITY to attend. Please recant what you have written and be happy for you-you have the power to make yourself happy.....try it...MM
I won't recant what I have written because it's how I feel; feelings aren't right or wrong, they just are. I'm not going to feel bad for my feelings. i recognize the privilege I had/have, but that doesn't negate my feelings.
I agree with MM.
Soo definitely congradulations on a great achievement!
Tender up on yourself. It's worth a swell giggle even. Although don't go overboard on the whole happiness thing cause nobody likes a happiness showoff.
Post a Comment