
The semester is starting to get a little smoother, finally. I feel more in control of my classes and academic work, like I have most of it under control. There is the little problem of my Master's Paper, though. I've altered my topic to be "Secondary Malignancies after Childhood Acute Lymphoblstic Leukemia and Childhood Hodgkin's Disease". It's a great topic, one with lots of data, and one that interests me, but every time it comes time for me to do work on it, I stall. I think it's just the sheer idea of the damn paper that makes me freeze. I have got to get over this. What am I going to do when it comes time for my dissertation? This is NOTHING compared to that. I need a good kick in the ass - I have part of the paper due to my readers on March 2, and right now....I have a bunch of printed out journal articles. That's it. Good times.
5 comments:
I want to read your paper! Get working girl!
I think you get overwhelming ideas for papers....I couldn't even understand the title....
Your name is beautiful and spelled correctly after Jaime Summers, and if anyone doesn't remember she was bright and beautiful and good-then they are the same age as you....LOL.
Get to work....MM
Are there names.
Are there names of children with cancer that made you chose your topic. Maybe ask your memory of them how to proceed. Course I don't know that has anything to do with your block but it doesn't seem to be your left brain pausing you. I might just be putting my drama in but peds hem/onc affects everyone in it that I've seen.
If you don't do the paper maybe there won't be more names. For whatever good or perceived bad that means ... ish
Maybe find an answer in a smile. Should be a catalog for them somewhere. Yours is probably best but maybe the trickiest.
Best wishes
Always
Luke
"Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody."
~The Catcher in the Rye~
Luke - thank you - and that is one of my favorite quotes ever, the Catcher in the Rye one. That's the final sentence of the book, if I'm not mistaken, right? I love Holden Caulfield!
I've often wondered myself why this paper seems to be blocked....but I'm really not sure.
I saw Catcher listed at the top of your fav books in your blog bio.
By the end of my time in Peds Hem/Onc I had a copy of Catcher on my shelf in my office. Ironically having a copy at work helped me keep going. That's my drama but still it's a book that says something.
Maybe don't get too caught in the rye. Irregardless of rye meanings.
I don't think Holden wrote the paper in literary literal sense.
I of course can't really give you answers just cyber words. You get to make your answers just don't let too many of the questions and answers weigh down the beauty in you.
Maybe let go of your present. Remember what you loved that got you to the point you have the opportunity to write this paper.
Maybe find the innocent beauty in why you went to where you are.
Best wishes
Always
"To be, or not to be, that is ..."
Post a Comment