Monday, August 18, 2008

southern village smackdown



So.....I do love living here in Southern Village, but I have to say....it's definitely not NY. I just had a random lady who lives across the circle knock on my door and ask me if my name was Jaime. I said yes and she proceeds to tell me that the reason she knows that is because I had thrown away a large cardboard box full of stuff this morning. And apparently, we're not allowed to throw away cardboard boxes - we need to break them down and put them in the special cardboard box dumpster. So she goes on to explain that there's a "dumpster monitor" who goes around and actually checks to make sure no one's doing this, and if they are, that dumpster gets blocked off. Why? I have no idea. Like......is this the biggest thing to worry about here? Honestly, I felt like I had actually done something WRONG when she was lecturing me. I had to suppress my grin of disbelief the whole time. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just sent you off another large cardboard box today, so do me a favor and break it down so you do not get verbally spanked for me sending goodies to you throughout the year. Geesh....if my return address is on it, I might get a nastygram.
MM