Sunday, July 20, 2008

to go, or not to go?

Apparently, Trey wanted me to put this picture on the blog. 

This is me and my roommate, Jessica. 

Shannon (Jessica's friend), me, and Jessica - they're very happy I'm out with them.

I'm debating going to the LAF summit in OH now, because I got the itinerary and I'm really disappointed because they really sold out - just a lot of reasons I don't feel like getting into it now. But long story short, for all their work with AYA issues, there are NO AYA speakers, and the chance they had to bring attention to various cancers, they picked a breast cancer survivor - when there's already so much publicity with breast cancer. I just sort of have an icky feeling. But then all my friends from past LAF events were like, well, come to the Summit to see us, and also to spread the message about AYAs. So I'm torn, because would I get more work done if I stay in NY? For the first time, I'm not sure how I feel about this. And I need to figure it out, ASAP. 

1 comment:

Doctor David said...

That's a tough decision you have to make. I wonder if there are smaller organizations focused more on AYA issues than LAF is. Maybe you'd feel better being involved there?

Or...you could be really subversive... go to LAF, learn all you can, and then start an AYA-focused group.