One thing I wasn't prepared for, however, was the pain/discomfort when putting on and taking off shoes. Think about it - when you put your shoes on, your big toe flexes and bends. Mine doesn't. That was the whole point of the surgery, to fuse it so it won't bend. I literally started crying in the doctor's office because I could not figure out how to put my sneakers on. Even now, I dread putting my shoes on and taking them off. I grit my teeth and do it quickly, like ripping off a Band-aid. I walk slowly, and my foot does hurt, but that is to be expected, I'm told. I'm not allowed to swim or run yet, but I can bike.
So yeah, that was my big excitement this week. Other than that, I've been writing articles, working on personal statements and my writing portfolio, and studying for my GREs, which I take next Tuesday. I hate the GREs.
1 comment:
If you remember, when I first got my boot off, I swore my ankle was going to fall off, once the boot came off after they reattached my foot....surprise...it doesn't...just as the pain will lessen as time goes on....be brave Nemo.....keep on swimming (when you can)....MM
Post a Comment