Tuesday, November 25, 2008
miraculous disappearing cancer?
Here is an article in today's NYTimes about how some cancers "might go away on their own". Call me a cynic, but I'm not buying it. They do bring up rare cases of melanoma and neuroblastoma, but those are the exceptions, not the rule. They bring up the issue of breast cancer - and how this might, upon further research, let women with invasive breast cancer "watch and wait" on a lump. But what if the cancer doesn't go away on its own? What if it gets bigger and then the cancer is at a more advanced stage by the time one decides to treat it? I don't know. I have mixed feelings about this. There will be people who read the article and are ill-informed and not ask their doctors about it and might have completely different conclusions that are harmful. I've grown increasingly wary of articles like this.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I can see those rare cases where that phenomena may happen but hell...that's hard to comprehend right?!
Post a Comment