So, I was talking to my grandmother tonight, and she was telling me about her day in NY seeing a show and going for dinner, and she mentioned how she passed Bergdorf Goodman, and that "that part of the city is much nicer than the Times Sq area." I was like, um, that's because it's the Upper East Side! And it made me miss MSKCC, because if you go just a few blocks east and south of Bergdorf's, that's where I worked. Good times indeed. It made me miss the chaotic-ness of the city, the feeling that even at 2am, there's life going on outside. It made me miss 10pm walks to Pinkberry with Jessi, and sitting on the steps of the 92nd st Y, and obsessing about maybe one day owning a place in the Yorkville Towers, and walking to the best falafel place EVER. And what made me miss NY even more was that my research TA gave me an article on adolescent cancer survivors and health behavior, and in the article they wrote, "As Ford and Ostroff have mentioned...."!!!
Um, HELLO, I worked with them!!! It was so neat to see that and be like, yup, I know them. Needless to say, that REALLY made me miss MSKCC. It's been a really difficult adjustment getting used to school again. I thought it would be done by now, but I'm definitely still reconciling that. So for now, at least until I can get back to Manhattan over winter break, I have to be content with wearing lots of black, daydreaming of Dylan's Candy Bar and Pinkberry, and eating lots of bagels. (Although, again, doesn't compare to H&H bagels). Such a love/hate relationship I have with the city.
No comments:
Post a Comment