Wednesday, June 12, 2013

it's wednesday.

So my tremor's gotten significantly worse, and I spoke to my movement d/o doctor today. She said that stress definitely can increase the tremors, but we need to see if the increase continues to determine whether this level of intensity is here to stay. She then told me that a colleague of hers told her about octanoic acid, or caprylic acid, which is thought to possibly mimic alcohol's effect on tremors (i.e., temporarily calm them). I found the study. It's a small study, like she told me. 19 people. The supplement started to work nearly three hours after taken. But it worked. For some. So I went to the Vitamin Shoppe and bought the stupid supplement. I don't even want to get my hopes up, because if it doesn't work, I'll be even more disappointed.

I thought I would be back in Chapel Hill. I thought that being down South would have a calming effect on my whole body, inside and out, my stress levels, my happiness, etc. -- which would translate into a reduction or disappearance of the tremors. I was kind of banking on North Carolina being the remedy. But obviously, I need to reframe. I'm trying to minimize my stress levels, but that hasn't really been working lately, obviously.

My grandparents bought me an air conditioner, which feels like a delicious luxury here in NYC. Makes me never want to leave the house even more.

No comments: