I'm just thinking about this because I downloaded some new songs, including Lori McKenna's "Witness to Your Life." Because in the end, isn't that really what we want? Another person to acknowledge we were here?
Friday, July 15, 2011
witness to your life.
I was thinking about the twists and turns my life has taken in the past 10 years, and I'm struck by a common thread that I didn't really notice before. Everything I've done has to do with connecting with people. Psychology - obviously, working with a client and bearing witness to their stories, etc; public health/cancer; and writing - when someone reads a book, it's a very personal experience. At least, it is for me. I've emailed numerous authors to tell them how much I loved their books, or how much it impacted me. In the words of E.M. Forster, "Only connect."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment