Some uses of KT tape.
Different colors of KT Tape. I'm partial to pink, myself.
I recently came across this kinesiology tape called
KT Tape, and I love it. Kinesiology tape is flexible tape that can be used to support and stabilize tendons, muscles and ligaments. It can help prevent injury and speed recovery, and can be worn during any activity, even swimming, for days at a time. I've gotten back into tri training, biking, swimming and doing the elliptical, as well as lifting upper body weights, and maybe it's my nearly-30-year-old body, but my knees are a little achy. Although, my orthopedic surgeon also said that foot problems can throw off the alignment of the knees and hips.....so maybe my foot problems are why I wear the patellar tendonitis bands when I run. Or, uh, ran.
Anyway, this KT Tape is magic. Seriously. And it comes in pink! I apply it to my knee in the prescribed pattern, and it really does alleviate soreness and provide support. I love it.
3 comments:
What about backs and shattered ankles with pins in them??
yeah they have instructions that come with the tape, and you can look on their website and youtube for videos. KT tape is magic! :)
It great stuff ... I use it on my lymphedema.
Post a Comment