I started writing letters to my nephew when he turned one, and have done so for his birthdays ever since. Saturday is his 3rd birthday, and I've written another letter to him. I won't be able to be there for his birthday, but will be there in spirit.
Buddy, I can't believe you are three years old. Three years ago you made my life a better one, and I know you will make the world a better place, too. Your unconditional love and spirited nature draw so many people to you, and your laugh could melt even the coldest of hearts. You've named me "Aunt JJ", and when you call me that, it sounds like the best name in the entire world. The things that come out of your mouth never cease to amaze me, and for a little guy, you're pretty observant. (And I was worried you'd never talk! Now you talk all the time!)
Watching you is watching pure joy splash across your face at the littlest things; it's watching your endless curiosity about everything and your overflowing love for everyone. You remind me what's REALLY important in life, and for that, you are my biggest teacher, always.There are so many great memories I have of this year - your love for the color pink, the look on your face when I came home for spring break, your love of Swedish Fish and Scooby Doo, falling asleep to "Baby Mine", and too many more to list.
You are a special little boy, Trey, and I want you to never forget that. So many people love you. I hope you keep your inquisitive spirit, your stubbornness and your determination, and most of all, keep your joy for life and unbridled affection for people.
I can't be there for your birthday this weekend, and it breaks my heart. I hope you understand, buddy. Gmom will give you the gifts I got you, but I want you to know that nothing will ever live up to the gifts you have given me in these 3 short years.
Love you boo.
Aunt JJ
2 comments:
you look beautiful in those pictures......and so happy...
aww too cute!
Post a Comment