Monday, June 9, 2008

why you should not wear sandals in the city


High Points: Lunch at pinkberry, working in the air conditioning, the nice people I met today
Low Points: the 97 degree sweltering city heat, my dirty feet (due to both my shoes and the sheer reality of going sockless in the city)

Today was my first day of practicum, and because my supervisor was working from home today because of a conference she had attended, it was pretty much an intro day. I learned about one of the studies I will be working on, the retinoblastoma study, and learned about and used the database used for the study, and also am reviewing articles for my supervisor. Tomorrow I get my ID and (hopefully) an mskcc.org email address, and since my supervisor will be onsite, I should know more about my daily routine and projects I will work on, etc. 

It is so hot here that supposedly, there will be some brownouts on the UES because of the demand on the power system, or something like that. Good times. 


3 comments:

Obsessedwithlife said...

Happy to find ya!

Jamie said...

haha. dirty feet! I hope that everything is going well on your second day (as I'm commenting on June 10th!)

Anonymous said...

So proud of you, but wash those footies!!!
Mommy Mouse